How To: Installation & Integration of an MES System
How To: Installation & Integration – MES System like Ujigami
In Phase IV, Installation Integration, our team implements and validates the solutions for your manufacturing facility and team. Upon completion of this phase, the solution will be producing quality parts in your facility, with your team realizing and controlling the desired optimization and benefits.
The inputs for this phase are derived from the outputs of Phase III – Product Design and Development:
- Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Design Verification
- Design Reviews
- Trial Version
- Engineering Specifications, Drawings, Software Flowcharts
- New Equipment, Tooling and Facilities
- Team Feasibility Commitment and Management Support
The following outputs are a direct result of the Installation Integration phase:
- Production Trial Run, using complete production hardware and software validates the effectiveness of the manufacturing solution. A typical measurement is First Time Capability (FTC).
- Measurement Systems Evaluation, is used to check the control plan identified characteristics to engineering specifications.
- Process Capability Study is performed on characteristics identified in the Control Plan and indicates the readiness of the process from production..
- Customer Approval confirms that the solution meets the project requirements.
- Production Control Plan and Process Instructions are reviewed and updated to reflect the addition/deletion of controls based on experience gained by producing parts.
- User and Support Staff Training is completed to familiarize people with the correct operation of the system.
A pre-launch meeting is hosted at your facility to review all outputs and coordinate a formal Quality Planning sign-off. During this meeting we review the outputs of this Installation Integration phase, and agree upon a suitable method of early production containment (e.g. run systems in parallel).
Following this phase, the production phase begins, where all special and common causes of variation are present. We transition into the On-going Support & Service phase to ensure that the benefits are maximized through a process of Continuous Improvement.