More Flexible Less Programming
Case Study – A Better System:
With a customer looking for significantly faster production, a major integrator decided to develop a dynamic container flow system. Frustrated with the complexity and problems with trying to create a PLC solution, senior management decided to look for a better alternative. The requirements for the new system were extensive
- Significantly improve operator throughput,
- Control conveyors and ASRS in real-time,
- Contain advanced manufacturing logic,
- Coordinate & error-proof pick requirements,
- Seamlessly integrate to ERP/MRP,
- Be easily setup & modified,
- Report on results in a web-page,
- Use existing hardware, and,
- Support other plant floor devices.
After carefully considering several options, Ujigami™ MES/WMS system was selected. The power and flexibility of Ujigami™ provides an advanced graphical operator interface, advanced real-time production decisions, and permits the PLC to concentrate on fewer control tasks. Advanced logic and control is managed within Ujigami. The team worked directly with the integrator to create a comprehensive plant-floor solution.
The integrator’s customer is enthusiastic about the Ujigami control. The system eliminates all order setup requirements and permits their operators to dedicate 100% of their time to production, resulting in a 22% productivity improvement. As a result of the outstanding success of the new line, the company will be installing the system in their other plants.