Table of Contents
- 1 Ujigami™
- 2 Why Ujigami MES Software?
- 3 When to Implement Ujigami for Zero Defects ?
- 4 Where does Ujigami fit in your Organization?
- 5 Who Benefits from
- 6 MES Software?
- 7 Zero Defects Manufacturing with Ujigami MES - Everyone in the organization should benefit and use Ujigami MES
Manufacturing Execution System
What is a MES?
A Manufacturing Execution System (MES) is an integrated hardware and software solution designed to control and measure activities in the production areas of manufacturers. The key focus is to increase productivity and improve quality. An MES must be flexible and adaptable to accommodate fluctuating customer needs, evolving technological advances, and Continuous Improvement efforts. A truly robust MES is capable of putting your company on a path to Zero Defect Manufacturing.
Manufacturing Execution Software:
- Part and Lot Traceability
- Real Time Original Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Test and Measurement Data Collection
- Fastening Rundown Data Collection
- Mistake Proofing (Poka Yoke)
- Process Control
- Product / Job Tracking
- Quality / Defect / Scrap / Rework Management
- Production Monitoring e.g. Hourly / Shift Counts
- Downtime Monitoring & Notification
- Efficiency Reporting (Equipment and Manpower)
- SPC and Quality Reporting
- Preventive Maintenance
- Operator Work Instructions Displayed at Workstations
- Inspection Stations – Control & Monitoring
- Repair Stations – Control & Monitoring
- Interface seamlessly with ERP / MRP
Ujigami™ MES delivers a viable and sustainable path to shipping Zero Defects!
Why Ujigami MES Software?
Top 10 Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive MES - full featured. Operator, inspection, test and repair stations with graphical work instructions; operator certification; quality alerts; scheduling; labelling; inbound and outbound sequencing; etc.
- Both Product and Process Mistake-Proofing - advanced mistake-proofing that tracks the quality of each serialized assembly through the entire production process to ensure the product is properly manufactured with zero defects prior to shipping.
- Advanced Production and Quality Reporting - web based reporting that provides up-to-the-second status information highlighting production and quality concerns before they affect shipping schedules.
- Easily Integrated with Plant Floor Hardware - supports all types of real-time sensors and equipment including pick-to-light, part presence and color detection, fastening controllers, PLCs, conveyors, robots, and measurement devices to immediately identify process errors and defects in material, and to control the process to ensure the proper corrective actions are taken.
- Flexible, Extendible, and Scalable - easy to make changes and enhance the system for line balancing and Continuous product, process, and quality Improvement.
- Fast and Reliable - real-time responses to plant floor activities, yet only uses minimal computing resources. Operates continuously without requiring on-going maintenance or support (e.g. database pruning and archiving is not required).
- Web Browser Based - easy to use, install, and configure the system. Production issues can be identified and quickly corrected anywhere a web-enable device is available (e.g. smart phone, pda, tablet pc, etc). Entire operator interface can be accomplished with a low-cost touch-screen display.
- Interfaces to ERP, MRP, Scheduling and Finance Systems - minimizes duplication of data and manpower. Ujigami also includes Scheduling and Material Control functions with advanced features to enhance the traditional MES functionality (e.g. automatic line-side material replenishment).
- Ability to Use Low Cost Hardware - thin-client computer-based instead of PLC-based.
- Great Support - Tutelar has knowledgeable staff with real production experience.
Ujigami™ MES delivers all of the features and benefits to make your manufacturing operation a success.
When to Implement Ujigami for Zero Defects ?
Typically companies consider installing an MES when they are planning a:
- New Product Launch or Update
- Plant Expansion, Re-Tooling or Rearrangement
- New Automation, Process or Assembly Stations
- Quality and Efficiency Initiative
- Behavior Control Implementation or re-enforcement required
Where does Ujigami fit in your Organization?
Ujigami creates a seamless integration from the Enterprise MRP/ERP to the shop floor PLCs and operators.
By harnessing the Industrial Internet of Things ( iiot ) and embracing Industry 4.0, Ujigami integrates with the Business Control Layer and Machine Control Layer, while giving extensive new functionality in the Production Control Layer. Zero Defects – It’s EASY!
Who Benefits from
Zero Defects Manufacturing with Ujigami MES - Everyone in the organization should benefit and use Ujigami MES
- Comprehensive Mistake-Proofing
- Receive Real-Time Quality Alerts
- Receive Real-Time - at Station - Work Instruction
- Visual Work Guidance
- Ability to Mark Defects and Contain Bad Product
- Easy Andon Interface to Signal for Help
- Know Only Certified Operators are Performing Work
- Simple Facility Overview with Easy Access to Details
- Real-time Notification of Problems
- System Makes Intelligent Decisions E.G.: Prevent missed torques
- Summary and Detailed Reports - Highlight Areas for Improvement